Effective Date: May 10, 2023
Beneficient, a Nevada corporation (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how the types of Personal Information that we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website at www.trustben.com and www.benaltaccess.beneficient.com, use our service, or otherwise interact with us (collectively, the “Services”). This Notice also describes our practices for using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that Personal Information. Please read this Notice carefully as it will help you make informed decisions about sharing your Personal Information with us. This Notice does not apply to our data collection practices or notices with respect to employees, applicants, and contractors.
1. Who is Responsible for Processing Your Personal Information? The data controller for purposes of processing personal data in the context of our Services is Beneficient, a Nevada corporation, located at:
325 N Saint Paul St.
Dallas, Texas 75201
Toll free: 888-877-8786
Comments, questions, and requests regarding our Policy may be addressed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Personal Information We Collect About You. In this Privacy Notice, we use the term “Personal Information” to refer information that can identify you.
When you seek to connect to our Services, complete an online form, contact us, or otherwise interact with us, we may collect a variety of Personal Information. What we collect depends on your relationship with us and how you interact with our Services, and it generally falls into one or more of the following categories:
- Identifiers (e.g., a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone number, or other similar identifiers)
- Payment Information, including, but not limited to, wire information and direct deposit information.
- Professional or employment-related information, including employment candidacy information, including contact, resume, and salary information as part of submissions for employment opportunities
- Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Geolocation data
- Audio information (e.g., recordings of customer service calls)
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences and purchasing behavior
How Your Personal Information is Collected.
We may collect Personal Information when you:
- Interact with or use our Services;
- Request information about our Services;
- Sign up for e-mails or other communications or notification from us;
- Provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
We may also collect information:
- From a third party with your consent (e.g., your bank, financing partners, etc.);
- Directly from a third party (e.g., our vendors and service providers)
- From cookies or other online tracking tools on our Services; and
- From publicly accessible sources (e.g., government databases).
3. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data that does not contain Personal Information. Information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better service.
We may use third party analytics, including Google Analytics. You can opt out from the use of Google Analytics by following the instructed provided at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. How and Why We Use Your Personal Information. We may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide Services to you;
- To send you requested information;
- To respond to your requests;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, meaning we have a business or commercial reason to use the personal information; or
- Where you have given consent.
In addition to the foregoing, the table below provides examples of how we may use your personal information and our reasons for such use: